At Akesis we strive to be good neighbors and to participate in the life of the communities in which we operate. We work diligently to be socially responsible as well as business savvy. We are dedicated to environmental leadership and champion sustainable business practices.
Akesis is part of a select group of firms in the Business Recognition Program of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. Members make a three-year commitment to practicing waste reduction, carrying out recycling activities and purchasing recycled products. The group has 14 mentor firms that commit to recruiting new companies and to helping other businesses start new programs.
At Akesis we:
- Actively recycle at each of our locations, limiting waste.
- Promote energy efficiency through the use of fluorescent, compact and HID lamps.
- Provide access to water conservation information, fostering a culture of consumption awareness.
- Save paper by deploying web-based solutions for data capture, management and archiving.
- Conduct workplace education on innovative approaches to reducing and reusing office products.
- Minimize our carbon footprint by video conferencing when possible.
- Offer telecommuting options for field staff.
We have been blessed with good fortune through our lives. One of the blessings is Akesis. The Akesis staff are active in the community participating in charities, outreach programs and mentor programs. One such program highlighted this month is A Child's Place.
A Child’s Place (ACP) works to erase the impact of homelessness on children and their education. Please see what you can do to help
Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome. A friend to Akesis, Kalene Gage has a daughter Laci who has Down Syndrome. Donations can be made in the name Kalene Gage in honor of Team Laci.A Child's Place